Pillsbury SALT is excited to welcome Nolan Kessler to the team!
Nolan’s experience includes all aspects of state and local tax matters.
He joins Pillsbury’s Sacramento office as an associate.
5 Questions with Nolan:
1. What drew you to the law?
As a kid, I liked to read and learn rules (like for board games). Looking back on that now, I guess it’s no surprise that I would go on to have a career in the law.
2. What aspect of State and Local Tax law do you find most interesting?
The thing I like about SALT law is that it impacts everyone. Benjamin Franklin’s adage that “nothing is certain but death and taxes” certainly rings true, and I enjoy working in an area of the law that has such a profound impact on the daily lives of many.
3. What is one of your most memorable / funniest / happiest times during law school?
Walking across the stage with my parents and receiving that diploma!
4. What is your go-to comfort food?
Nothing beats a double-double with animal style fries from In-N-Out.
5. What do you do for fun? Any hidden talents?
I like to attend sporting events, especially Sacramento Kings games.